Is Supergoop! still cruelty-free?
Products like sunscreen, hair dyes and children’s products are still tested on animals in China. This is the case with many brands that are sold in China and internationally. This month we learn that Supergoop sunscreen products are returning to non cruelty free status by being sold in China..
Learn more about animal testing in china at the link below.
Supergoop sunscreen being sold in China.
I found this bit of info on Supergoop sunscreen being sold in China.
“Thanks to the Supergoop! team for trusting Winco’s expertise for their 1st in-store retail deployment in China (Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen)”
And more about Supergoop sunscreen being sold in China
Supergoop pledges that the brand does not conduct, contract out or fund animal testing in the developing, manufacturing or marketing of their products. However they seem to have no problem letting China do it for them. Of course this is something they like to hide from its consumers. So-called cruelty free companies love doing this kind of thing on the down low. That gives me pause on brands like this. They talk good game but don’t walk the talk.
Not all Supergoop products are suitable for vegans either.
After reading this about Supergoop sunscreen being sold in China you will want to explore your SPF skincare for more cruelty free options.
Some excellent cruelty free sunscreen skin care brands:
- Derma E. 100% Vegan. GMO Free. Includes SPF 30 BB cream
- BaboBotanicals Hypo-allergenic without dairy, soy, gluten or high-allergy nut oils. Reef safe.
- All Good All-natural sunscreens
- Alba Botanica. Free of parabens, phthalates, artificial coloring, mineral oils
- Earth Mama organic, plant-based, toxin-free, non-GMO, and NSF-certified
- Purlisse NO Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Parabens, Sulfates, Petrolatum, Formaldehydes, Ethanolamines, Butoxyethanol, 1,4-Dioxane, Coal Tar, Hydroquinone, Aluminum Salts, Methoxyethanol, Lead, Paraffin, Animal Oils.
- UNSUN Non-toxic, reef-safe & suitable for all skin types
- Raw Elements Non GMO. Soy, gluten and nut free. Reef safe.
Last month we were informed that some sunscreen producers were using cancer causing benzene in the manufacture of sunscreens.
© 2021. BEAUTYBULLETINS.COM ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. DO NOT REPRODUCE OR REPUBLISH CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION.