Bakuchiol (pronounced ‘bah-koo-chee-ol’), is the plant-based alternative to Retinol. A dream for those with sensitive skin.
There are already thousands of study’s done on Bakuchiol. Retinol can also contain animal byproducts, from sources like liver, fish and egg yolks, while plant-based bakuchiol is totally vegan.
You’ve heard of retinol. A derivative of Vitamin A, retinol has been praised for reducing fine lines and increasing collagen production. Bakuchiol extract is not identical to retinol. What you may not know that there’s a gentler, natural alternative to retinol: Bakuchiol, a plant based extract with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. A double-blind study reported in the British Journal of Dermatology assigned one trial group bakuchiol and another group retinol. After 12 weeks of application, both the bakuchiol and the retinol group’s skin showed a “significant” but equal decrease in wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. The figures showed a 20 per cent reduction in wrinkle texture and pigmentation
Retinol vs Bakuchiol
“Incorporating bakuchiol into your skin-care routine can include smoother texture, less hyperpigmentation, and restored elasticity. “Bakuchiol, like retinol, works by increasing cell turnover, thereby stimulating collagen production and diminishing wrinkles, skin laxity, and overall photo damage,” – Dermatologist Ellen Marmur. Bakuchiol has no harsh side effects, It’s even safe to use while out in the sun because, unlike retinol, bakuchiol will not make you sun sensitive.
Thanks to bakuchiol’s antibacterial properties, it’s also suitable for acne-prone skin as a serum topical treatment.
“Based on the available data, bakuchiol “safely mimics the properties of retinol in reversing signs of aging, providing skin protection from sun-induced damage, providing solutions to problem skin, like acne and rosacea, and modulating pigmentation control. It is quite clear from the current literature that bakuchiol mimics and, in some cases, exceeds the activity of retinol”.— R. Chaudhuri, 2015
- Unlike retinoid products, these pads will not increase photosensitivity and are safe and gentle enough for daytime and daily use
- Improves skin texture, cell turnover, collagen building, photo-ageing and acne
- Suitable for all skin types including sensitive and acne prone and are ideal for those with skin concerns such as wrinkles, fine lines, UV damage, uneven surface texture, acne and acne scarring
uses some of nature’s most powerful ingredients, including Bakuchiol and Vitamin E, to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin texture and tone.
- Clinically shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve firmness, and brighten skin with Bakuchiol
- Reveal smoother, firmer skin with Bacuchiol – a natural & gentle alternative to retinol – and Vitamin E
- No Animal Testing
- Ingredients From Nature
- Formulated without Parabens, Phthalates, Petrolatum or SLS
- Dermatologist Tested
Sources: Time, British Journal of Dermatology, National Center for Biotechnology Information